About Morecambe Golf Club
Tradition and modern facilities hand in hand.
In 2005 Morecambe golf club passed an important milestone by celebrating its Centennial. Always strong on tradition, the club prides itself on maintaining standards in golf etiquette whilst presenting a warm and friendly welcome to our highly regarded visitors.
The club moved to its present location in 1923 after spending the previous 18 years at several local but inadequate sites. A new, and at the time state of the art, clubhouse was built in 1924 to accommodate the burgeoning membership. The 18 hole course itself was designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie and, despite a number of alterations over the intervening years, has retained the essential character he envisioned. Although a seaside course, the layout is more a parkland style, enhanced over the last twenty years by an extensive tree planting programme.